Just a quick note on upcoming content.
First, we would like to welcome Adia Harvey Wingfieldwho has joined us a blog editor. And also welcome to Rachel Sherman who will be coming on soon as a regular contributor.
We are planning on getting a number of other regular contributors in the near future, with a goal of getting up to half a dozen new blog posts each week. Until we get fully up to speed, we’ll probably be posting around one or two new posts per week. All new posts will be announced on our Twitter.
In addition to contributions from our regular contributors, we are commissioning a number of pieces for Discussions and Panels. Among topics we expect to be coming soon are:
- Ed Walker on Occupy Wall St.
- Ofer Sharone on digital media and the job search
- Dave Cotter, Joan Hermsen, and Reeve Vanneman on egalitarian essentialism
- Jeff Sallaz and Victoria Johnson on Bourdieu and the study of work organizations
- Work, Gender, and the Media
- Financialization and work
- The new labor scholar/practitioner network that is being set up (coordinated by American Rights at Work)
Contact is if you have any more ideas for Discussions or Panels. And if you are a sociologist interested in posting something, please do be in touch.