Happy Friday! Since next week is the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S., we’ll be on hiatus. See you all in December!
- Becoming a Women (The Chronicle)
- A small-town doctor wanted to perform surgeries for transgender women. He faced an uphill battle. (Washington Post)
- Pentagon Approves Gender-Reassignment Surgery for Service Member (New York Times)
- They were sexually harassed at work. They reported it. Here’s what happened. (Washington Post)
- Don’t forget about the men who said they’ve been sexually assaulted, too (Washington Post)
- Here’s What Sexual Harassment Looks Like in Higher Education (The Chronicle)
- The Tax Divide (Chicago Tribune)
- Editor’s Note: This is an excellent three part series.
- The Great Migration: A Graphics Novel (Significance Magazine)
- Patterns Of Death In The South Still Show The Outlines Of Slavery (FiveThirtyEight)
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations (The Chronicle)
- ‘We demand more’: Student leaders across the country challenge politicians to combat hate (Washington Post)
- Williams College president: Don’t ignore the real threats in the debate over free speech (Washington Post)
- Professors are losing their freedom of expression (Washington Post)
- Government analysis shows House tax bill would increase the cost of college by $71 billion over a decade (Washington Post)